The National WWII Museum is open with safety measures in place, including advance online ticket purchases along with enhanced sanitizing and cleaning protocols.
To help ensure public safety and avoid crowds, it is strongly recommended that visitors pre-purchase and Museum Members reserve admission online in advance. Tickets are now available for advanced purchase. For Member reservations, click here.
This page will help visitors understand what to expect when visiting the Museum.
The National WWII Museum is asking campus visitors to adhere to the following guidelines:
- The Museum is using a timed ticketing system to help ensure a positive visitor experience, especially on busy days. Tickets should be purchased online prior to arrival. Museum Members should also reserve tickets online ahead of their visit. Visitors are asked to arrive at their ticket time; however, the Museum understands that plans can change unexpectedly and allows ticket holders to enter at any time on the day of their ticket, except on the rare occasion when capacity has been reached. Once a ticket has been scanned, visitors are welcome to explore the Museum for as long as they'd like until closing. Walk-up tickets are also available to purchase on site, but visitors are strongly encouraged to pre-purchase online if at all possible.
- Per current City of New Orleans guidelines, Museum visitors are not required to wear masks or provide proof of vaccination. However, the CDC strongly encourages unvaccinated individuals to continue wearing a mask when indoors. In addition, the CDC recommends high-risk individuals continue to wear a mask during medium community levels of COVID-19 and for all individuals during high community levels. Refer to https://ldh.la.gov/Coronavirus/ for most recent community levels.
- Hand-sanitizer stations are positioned around campus. Please use them and the washing stations in our public restrooms.
- Oversized bags and luggage are not allowed in the Museum’s galleries and can be checked at the Guest Services desk upon arrival. Lockers are available for smaller items.
- Flash photography and video recording are not allowed in the Museum’s galleries.
- If you are not feeling well, please enjoy our online content from home and plan to visit another day.
Notice To Members
- Your Membership privileges and the number of allowed entrances will still depend on your current Membership level. However, you will need to secure a specific day and time slot in advance of your visit.
- We highly recommend that you go online to secure your desired arrival time and date ahead of your visit. We cannot guarantee that your desired time slot will be available if you and your guests arrive at the Museum without pre-securing tickets ahead of time.
- Any additional guests not covered under your Membership will be required to purchase a timed ticket in advance as well.
- If you have any family members or friends who would like to become Members, we encourage them to do so online ahead of their visit. Click Here to Join
- If you need to renew your Membership, we encourage you to do this online ahead of your visit as well. Click Here to Renew
- When you arrive at the Museum, please proceed to the Member Check-in/Pre-Purchased Tickets counter in the Louisiana Memorial Pavilion. At that counter, you will present the email confirmation of your ticket reservation to receive your Member buttons, which you will need for your visit.
Notice To Visitors
COVID-19 is an extremely contagious and potentially deadly disease that is believed to be spread mainly from person-to-person contact.
The National WWII Museum is working with you, its visitors, to employ preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Despite these measures, the risk of contracting COVID-19 could increase by visiting The National WWII Museum.
By visiting The National WWII Museum, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Hours And Information
Museum Exhibits and Museum Store
Open daily, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed Mardi Gras Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Tickets are now available in 15-minute windows. Purchase timed admission tickets online at the time you would like to visit, prior to arrival. Museum Members must also reserve tickets in advance of visiting. Please note that the Museum closes at 5 p.m., so visitors who make reservations for after 3 p.m. should expect an abbreviated visit. All ticket sales are final and no refunds offered. Tickets expire after their assigned date.
Beyond All Boundaries
Daily, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Final Mission: USS Tang Experience
Daily, 11:15 a.m. – 1:35 p.m.
|Student (With ID)||$19|
|Military (With ID)||$19|
|Visitors with Disabilities||$19*|
|Beyond All Boundaries||$7|
*To purchase timed admission tickets for visitors with disability needs, please call our sales number (504-528-1944 x 402) prior to the visit.
Click here for more Information about Museum access for visitors with disability or accessibility needs.