The National WWII Museum is now open. Following Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards’ proclamation and New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell’s safe reopening plan, the Museum will operate at reduced capacity while enacting new safety measures, including advance online ticket purchases, social distancing guidelines throughout pavilions and galleries, and enhanced sanitizing and cleaning protocols.
To help ensure public safety and avoid crowds, timed ticket purchases will be required. It is strongly recommended that visitors pre-purchase Museum admission online in advance. Tickets are now available for advanced purchase.
While we are grateful to reopen, our priority is the health and safety of our visitors, local community members and our entire Museum family. We’ve carefully developed reopening guidelines with the help of more than 20 national organizations, peer institutions across the state and country, the American Alliance of Museums and various local health experts. Our Operations staff have also worked hard to gather necessary safety supplies, including masks, gloves, plexiglass sneeze guards, touchless sanitizing stations and directional signage. These new procedures will ensure we’re meeting the highest public health standards, while maintaining the excellence of the Museum’s visitor experience. For more details on all our new procedures and enhanced cleaning protocols, click here.
This page will help visitors understand what to expect when on a visit to The National WWII Museum during the initial reopening phase.
The National WWII Museum is asking campus visitors to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Timed admission tickets are available now and should be purchased online prior to arrival.
- Please social distance when you are on the Museum’s campus—maintain a minimum distance of six feet from those outside your party. Look for markers indicating where to stand.
- Museum galleries and exhibits will be capacity controlled. Once you have entered an exhibit, please continue forward in one direction. Do not walk back in the opposite direction.
- We are requiring the use of face coverings for all staff, volunteers and visitors. Free masks will be available at the Museum entrance if you do not have one.
- Hand sanitizer stations are positioned around campus. Please use them and the washing stations in our public restrooms.
- Take the stairs if you can. Elevators are reserved for those who cannot take the stairs. Once inside the elevator, please stand as far apart as possible from others.
- Oversized bags and luggage are not allowed in the Museum’s galleries. Coat and bag check are temporarily unavailable; please only bring smaller items you can carry around campus during your visit.
- In accordance with official city guidelines, seniors and people with serious medical conditions should consider visiting us at a safer time, during a later phase of the city’s reopening.
- If you are not feeling well, please enjoy our online content from home and plan to visit another day.
Notice to Visitors
COVID-19 is an extremely contagious and potentially deadly disease that is believed to be spread mainly from person-to-person contact.
The National WWII Museum is working with you, its visitors, to employ preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Despite these measures, the risk of contracting COVID-19 could increase by visiting The National WWII Museum.
By visiting The National WWII Museum, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Hours And Information
Museum Exhibits and Museum Store
Open daily, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed Mardi Gras Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Tickets are now available in fifteen minute windows. Purchase timed admission tickets online at the time you would like to visit, prior to arrival.
Beyond All Boundaries
Sunday–Thursday, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Showtimes on the hour at reduced capacity.
The American Sector Restaurant & Bar
Sunday–Friday, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
|Student (With ID)||$18|
|Military (With ID)||$18|
|Visitors with Disabilities||$18*|
|Beyond All Boundaries||$7|
*To purchase timed admission tickets for visitors with disability needs, please call our sales number (504-528-1944 x 402) prior to the visit.
Click here for more Information about Museum access for visitors with disability or accessibility needs.