Image: Inclusive Productions LLC, photographer
The National WWII Museum is committed to making its galleries, exhibits, pavilions, and programs accessible to all visitors. For more information about Museum access for visitors with disability or accessibility needs, please review the following options. If you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We offer visitors with disability and accessibility needs a discounted admission rate of $18 plus tax. To purchase timed admission tickets for visitors with disability needs, please call our sales number (504-528-1944 x 402) prior to the visit.
- We also offer a free Museum Campus Pass for one professional aide assisting a visitor with disability needs.
- Only service animals are allowed around the Museum’s campus and exhibits.
- Small bags and backpacks are allowed into the Museum as well as Beyond All Boundaries and Final Mission: USS Tang Submarine Experience. All bags are subject to random search at the discretion of security.
- To ensure the least amount of contact possible, coat and bag check are not available at this time. Please only bring items you can bring with you around campus. Please note, oversized bags and luggage are not allowed in the galleries.
- For further information and assistance on-site, please visit the Guest Services Desk.
- For more information on general Museum FAQs, visit https://nationalww2museum.org/about-us/frequently-asked-questions.
- Contact Information
Visitors with Limited Mobility
- Manual wheelchair rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Motorized wheelchair or scooter rentals are not available, but they are allowed on campus. They can be rented through third-party companies in the Greater New Orleans area.
- Handicapped parking spots are available in the Museum garage.
- The main entrance (located on Higgins Boulevard) includes an accessible ramp.
- All public restrooms have wheelchair-accessible stalls.
- Elevators are offered throughout the Museum wherever stairs are available.
Visitors Who are Blind or Partially Sighted
- Complimentary guided tours of the Road to Tokyo exhibit for visually impaired or blind visitors are available by request with a two-week advance notice. Tours are based on docent availability.
- Tactile tours, however, are suspended due to safety concerns surrounding COVID. Please contact email@example.com for more information on accommodation.
- Large-print visitor guides are now available on campus for those who need them.
Visitors Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Staff members with American Sign Language (ASL) training are indicated by wearing ribbons saying “I’m learning ASL.”
- Exhibit videos have open captioning in English.
- The main features for Final Mission: USS Tang Submarine Experience and Beyond All Boundaries do not have captioning.
- ASL interpreters are available for Beyond All Boundaries if given two-week notice.
- There is no ASL interpretation for Final Mission: USS Tang Submarine Experience.
- Sound amplifying devices for Beyond All Boundaries are available by request in the Solomon Victory Theater.
Visitors on the Autism Spectrum/Visitors with Dementia/Visitors with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Partnership with KultureCity®
- Our accessibility partners at Kulture City have offered the following social stories to help you stay safe during your visit.
- Social Story and Location information available on the KultureCity app.
- Sensory Bags and Weighted Lap Pads available through KultureCity® are subject to availability.
- Due to the nature of the content, we advise discretion in Museum exhibits and especially for Beyond All Boundaries and Final Mission: USS Tang Submarine Experience.
Families and Breastfeeding/Pumping Mothers
- Changing stations are available in most family restrooms.
- Mothers can breastfeed anywhere on campus; privacy is available in family restrooms.
Foreign Language Visitors
- Campus Guides in French, Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese are available.
- Staff members fluent in other languages are indicated by a nametag ribbon.