As The National WWII Museum opens the new Liberation Pavilion and hosts the Congressional Medal of Honor Society Convention, we want to celebrate with you! Families both civilian and military across the Greater New Orleans community are invited to join us at our daylong Family and Military Appreciation Block Party to explore our fully expanded campus. Enjoy live entertainment, meet Medal of Honor Recipients, and see why The National WWII Museum is one of the top attractions in the city—and country.
- $10 for adults
- FREE for K-12 students, children under 5, seniors, US military members, veterans, and spouses of military/veterans
The Block Party is presented by Timber and Peggy Floyd, and tickets include general admission to the Museum plus access to activities such as:
- Local military displays from the Louisiana National Guard and US Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Army
- Hands-on games and activities with area organizations including free face painting
- Free sno-balls from Sneaux-La Snoballs
- Screening of the Army vs. Air Force football game
- Sensory Activation Vehicle, a quiet space for neurodivergent visitors, from Beignet Fest Foundation
- Complimentary admission to Museum's Expressions of America at 6:00 p.m.
On Saturday, November 4, the Museum will also be hosting a free symposium, Building The National WWII Museum: From Conception to Capstone.
The Block Party is part of the Museum's D-Day to Liberation: Road to Victory Celebration presented by Past and Present Board Chairs of The National WWII Museum and the 2023 Congressional Medal of Honor Society Convention presented by Stephen G. and Regina Oswald Foundation.