DESCRIBE WHY YOU THINK THIS STUDENT SHOULD REPRESENT YOUR STATE AS THE WINNER OF THE 2019 BILLY MICHAL STUDENT LEADERSHIP AWARD.
- Nominees currently must be in grades 8–12.
- Only individual students can be nominated, not groups.
- Students may be in public, private, parochial, or home school in the United States.
- Nominees must commit to traveling to New Orleans (with a chaperone; all travel expenses paid) May 22–24, 2019.
- Nominations must be submitted through the Billy Michal Student Leadership Award webpage by January 31, 2019.
- Awardees will be selected based on their demonstrated commitment to making a positive contribution to their school, community, country, and/or the world.
- Only fully completed nominations will be eligible for consideration.
Awardees will be notified by February 15, 2019, and asked to sign and return a letter of commitment and media release form by February 28, 2019.