This course will focus on the American experience in the War in Europe through the lens of four American Battle Monuments Commission sites. Beginning first with the American invasion of Sicily and Italy, the four module course will cover the Allied efforts to eliminate Fascism from Europe. This course will focus on developing content knowledge and the exchange of pedagogical approaches to teaching about the European theater of WWII.
Course highlights include:
- Virtual Tours of select American Battle Monuments Commission sites, including cemeteries in Normandy, Florence, and many others
- Lectures from top historians from The National WWII Museum
- Access to content from Museum galleries
- Access to high-quality curriculum and teaching tips from a Museum Master Teacher
- Discussion board facilitation and conversations with Museum educators
Sign up today! Spots are limited.
These courses are free and open to any K-12 teacher at an accredited public, charter, private, or parochial school.