FREE SPECIAL EVENT WEBINARS:
Free Webinars from The National WWII Museum
Expand the walls of your classroom and make cross-curricular connections with the Museum’s FREE webinar series. Students have the opportunity to interact with authors, historians and Museum experts to explore a broad of array of topics that bring WWII history to life. No special technology needed, thousands of students can connect to the Museum at once simply via their classroom computer to view live, interactive programs that immerse students in history. Over 20,000 students from across the country tuned in, examined Museum oral histories and artifacts, and asked questions of guest speakers and Museum experts. Register for one of our webinars below today!
Explore the Museum’s lineup of dynamic and unique student webinars from previous school years. Connect with expert Museum staff, authors and poets of World War II literature, a veteran who landed on Iwo Jima, and a Holocaust survivor, among other special guests, telling firsthand accounts and sharing with students how WWII shaped their lives. Programs showcase Museum special exhibits and historic WWII anniversaries with a simple click of a button. Whether you are teaching about Pearl Harbor, the Home Front, or the atomic bombs, there's a webinar fit for every classroom.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What do I need to watch the webinar?
- If you have not run an Adobe Connect webinar in the past, you need to test your system here (ensures you have an updated version of Adobe Flash Player, etc). You will also receive this information in your confirmation email.
- If there’s an entire classroom watching the webinar, you will need a smart board or digital projector and external speakers.
- You will receive a teacher guide via email with curriculum materials specific to the WWII topic covered in the webinar.
How do I get into the webinar?
- Anyone with the specific Adobe Connect URL can access the webinar. NOTE: The webinar streams from Adobe Connect, not from The National WWII Museum website. You will receive a link to the specific webinar room in the confirmation email.
- You will enter the webinar as a "GUEST." No login credentials necessary! The webinar room is BLOCKED TO GUEST ACCESS up to half an hour before the webinar begins. It will open up to guests half an hour before the webinar is set to start.
What if I’m having technical difficulties once I enter the webinar room?
- Shut down all programs on your computer. If the problem persists, close out and restart Adobe Connect. If you have a weak wireless signal, you might want to connect with an Ethernet line.
Is there a recording of the program available?
- After the program, registrants are emailed an online evaluation. If you complete the evaluation, you will receive a link to the recording of the webinar. It is available for about a month after the program.