2017 WWII HIGH SCHOOL QUIZ BOWL:
Registration Now Open: 2017 WWII High School Quiz Bowl
The National WWII Museum is pleased to announce its 13th Annual WWII Quiz Bowl. This competitive and fun event will have your students competing at the Museum for WWII knowledge supremacy and a chance to compete on live television. Teamwork, strategy, and a superior knowledge of WWII history will be required to win. This year's competition will be held in our US Freedom Pavilion: The Boeing Center.
Preliminary Round: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 2:00PM - 4:00PM
Televised Championship: Thursday, March 30, 2017, 6:00PM - 7:00PM
- All team members and their coach receive a year-long Museum Membership
- Team teachers receive a year-long Museum Membership
- Students and teachers receive a WWII Quiz Bowl T-shirt
- The 1st and 2nd place teams will compete for the Championship live on Cox Channel 4 on the evening of Thursday, March 30, 2017, for the Championship title!
- Due to space limitations, only one teacher per team and one guest per team member will receive passes to attend the High School WWII Quiz Bowl
How to Enter a Team into the 2017 WWII Quiz Bowl
- Teams must be made up of three (3) students
- All members of a team must be currently enrolled in the same school
- Each high school may enter only one (1) team
- Space is limited; registration will be accepted first come-first served
- Online registration forms must be filled out in full or may be deemed invalid
- The deadline for registering online is Friday, February 24, 2017
How to Choose your WWII Quiz Bowl Team Members
There are several ways to choose team members to represent your school. Give the WWII Quiz Bowl Qualifier and choose the three highest scorers (be warned that the Quiz Bowl will be considerably harder). Hand pick top students or those you think would excel at this challenge. Or you can simply ask for interested participants.
What kind of questions will be asked?
Questions posed by the Quizmaster will cover battles in all theaters of the war, the Home Front, political, military, and popular personalities of the age, WWII geography, and wartime trivia and slang; questions will be multiple choice or fill in the blank. Teams will gain bonus points by completing fun Teamwork Challenges.
All team members receive a year-long Museum Membership. Team teachers also receive a year-long Museum membership. Student and teachers receive a WWII Quiz Bowl t-shirt.
The First and Second place teams will compete on Cox TV on the evening of Thursday, March 30, for the Championship title!
Due to space limitations, only one teacher per team and one guest per team member will receive passes to attend the WWII Quiz Bowl.
Video Highlights from the 2014 WWII Quiz Bowl
Highlights from the 2014 WWII Quiz Bowl Championship, March 20, 2014, between Central High School in Baton Rouge, and Northshore High School in Slidell, Louisiana.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Travel – WWII Educational Tours
High school and college students, learn the leadership principles that helped win WWII on a trip to France or during a weeklong residential program in New Orleans. College credit is available, and space is limited.
See You Next Year! HS Yearbooks from WWII
Collected from across the United States, the words and pictures of these yearbooks present a new opportunity to experience the many challenges, setbacks and triumphs of the war through the eyes of America’s youth.
The Victory Gardens of WWII
Visit the Classroom Victory Garden Project website to learn about food production during WWII, find lesson plans and activities for elementary students, get tips for starting your own garden and try out simple Victory Garden recipes!
The Science and Technology of WWII
Visit our new interactive website to learn about wartime technical and scientific advances that forever changed our world. Incorporates STEM principles to use in the classroom.
Kids Corner: Fun and Games!
Make your own propaganda posters, test your memory, solve puzzles and more! Learn about World War II and have fun at the same time.