Start your morning right with a delightful specialty coffee and a chat with one of The National WWII Museum curators! As part of this exclusive Curators’ Collection tour, you’ll get the chance to ask an expert curator questions about the Museum, World War II, or discuss your personal connections to the war before taking a tour of the private Center for Collections & Archives. There, you’ll spend two hours learning about artifacts that are not on exhibit or seen by the public. The more than 250,000 items in the Museum’s Collections include medals and badges, weapons, uniforms, documents, periodicals, photographic images, film, posters, personal accounts, maps, books, artwork, and scrapbooks (artifact selection varies by tour). You’ll learn the history of some these WWII artifacts and how they are preserved for future generations.
This experience is offered on select Mondays. As part of this exclusive tour, you’ll also get a Museum Campus Pass, which gives tour members the chance to explore the rest of the Museum based on their own interests and at their leisure after the tour ends. In addition, the package includes a ticket to view the 4D experience Beyond All Boundaries, narrated by Tom Hanks.
- A curator-led tour of the Museum’s Center for Collections & Archive
- Museum Campus Pass
- A ticket to view Beyond All Boundaries
- A coffee drink of choice and preselected pastries in The Jerry Nims Soda Shop
- $225.00 plus tax per person
- $200.00 plus tax for Museum Members
Discount Package Pricing:
- Take a ride into WWII history aboard PT-305, the Museum’s fully restored WWII patrol-torpedo boat! Cost $244.00 plus tax per person. (Rides are Saturdays only and based on availability. PT-305 is located at an off-site facility on Lake Pontchartrain about 20 minutes from the Museum. Transportation is not provided.)
- BB’s Stage Door Canteen dinner show: $59.99 plus tax per person; cabaret show: $25.99 plus tax per person. (Both are based on availability and offerings vary. Please ask for additional information.)
- Follow American citizen soldiers through World War II in the Campaigns of Courage Guided Tour, an exclusive small-group guided tour of the immersive, interactive Campaigns of Courage: European and Pacific Theaters pavilion. Cost: $30.00 plus tax per person.
- Coffee with a Curator operates select Monday mornings at 8:00 a.m.
- The Museum reserves the right to cancel any tour with fewer than four confirmed guests.
- Private tours are available. Call 504-528-1944 x 402 for group rates.
- Guests may book online or over the phone by contacting Specialty Sales at 504-528-1944 x 402.