BEHIND THE LINES TOUR
Step inside The National WWII Museum’s private Center for Collections & Archives and climb into a B-24 Liberator! It’s all part of Behind the Lines, an exclusive Curators’ Collection tour. During four hours of behind-the-scenes experiences, guests will handle rarely seen artifacts alongside historians, and attend a curator's luncheon with the specialists who help develop Museum exhibits and programming. A second-day Museum Campus Pass is included, allowing tour members to explore every facet of the Museum’s public space at their leisure. Enhance your Curators' Collection experience through discounts on add-on options.
Guests are greeted by Museum staff and introduced to the Curator of the Day in Louisiana Memorial Pavilion. Tour members then embark on a journey through the collections vault, where they will see artifacts not on exhibit and learn what it takes to preserve these priceless items.
During a curator luncheon in The American Sector Restaurant & Bar, guests can learn more about World War II and get intimate insight into what a curator's duties entail.
Guests climb into the fuselage of the B-24D Liberator Over Exposed, then take their stations in Final Mission: USS Tang Submarine Experience. A screening of the 4D experience Beyond All Boundaries precedes free time to explore the Museum’s exhibits and galleries or shop in the Museum Store.
- A curator-led tour of the Museum's Center for Collections & Archives.
- A second-day Museum Campus Pass to use the day before or after the Behind the Lines tour
- A ticket to 1:35 p.m. Final Mission: USS Tang Submarine Experience
- A ticket to 3:00 p.m. Beyond All Boundaries
- Curator luncheon (tip and tax included)
This was my first visit to The National WWII Museum, and the Behind the Lines Tour was the perfect way to see it all.
Lois, Miami, Florida
- $299.00 plus tax per person
- $274.00 plus tax per person for Museum Members
Discount Package Pricing
- Take a ride into WWII history aboard PT-305, the Museum’s fully restored WWII patrol-torpedo boat! Cost: $244.00 plus tax per person (Rides are Saturdays only and based on availability. PT-305 is located at an off-site facility on Lake Pontchartrain about 20 minutes from the Museum. Transportation is not provided.)
- BB’s Stage Door Canteen dinner show: $59.99 plus tax per person; cabaret show: $25.99 plus tax per person (Both are based on availability and offerings vary. Please ask for additional information.)
- Follow American citizen soldiers through World War II in the Campaigns of Courage Guided Tour, an exclusive small-group guided tour of the immersive, interactive Campaigns of Courage: European and Pacific Theaters pavilion. Cost: $30.00 plus tax per person.
- The Behind the Lines tour is offered on Fridays and select Saturdays Operating dates may vary seasonally based on availability
- The Museum reserves the right to cancel any tour with less than four confirmed guests.
- Participants scheduled on a tour date that is canceled will be notified the Wednesday prior to the scheduled tour and will be offered alternate premium tour options or receive a full refund.