The Museum will select one winning essay from each grade. Winners will receive a $250 prize. Winning essays will be posted on The National WWII Museum website, along with honorable mentions.
Rules and Formatting Guidelines
- Contest is open to all middle school students (grades 5–8) in the United States, US territories, and US military bases.
- Your essay must be 500 words or less. Only one essay per student may be submitted.
- All essays should:
- be double-spaced
- have one-inch margins
- include page numbers
- include an essay title
- be typed in 12 point font
- be in Microsoft Word or a compatible format
- Submissions must be submitted via the website by December 27, 2019, 5:00 p.m. (CST).
- Museum will accept the first 500 properly formatted entries only. The website will indicate when 500 essays have been submitted.