The Museum will select one winning essay from each grade. Winners will receive a $250 prize. Winning essays will be posted on The National WWII Museum website, along with honorable mentions.
Rules and Formatting Guidelines
- Contest is open to all middle school students (grades 5–8) in the United States, US territories, and US military bases.
- Your essay must be 500 words or less. Only one essay per student may be submitted.
- All essays should:
- be double-spaced
- have one-inch margins
- include page numbers
- include an essay title
- be typed in 12 point font
- be in Microsoft Word or a compatible format
- Submissions must be submitted via the website by December 27, 2019, 5:00 p.m. (CST).
- Museum will accept the first 500 properly formatted entries only. The website will indicate when 500 essays have been submitted.
Registration has closed.
Winners will be announced on Tuesday, March 4, 2020.