First place: $1,000
Second place: $750
Third Place: $500
Winning essays will be posted on The National WWII Museum’s website, along with the names of the honorable mentions.
Rules and Formatting Guidelines
- Contest is open to all high school students in the United States, US territories, and U S military bases.
- Your essay must be 1,000 words or less. Only one essay per student may be submitted.
- All essays should:
- be double-spaced
- have one-inch margins
- include page numbers
- include an essay title
- be typed in 12 point font
- be in Microsoft Word or a compatible format
- Submissions must be submitted via the website by December 27, 2019, 5:00 p.m. (CST).
- Museum will accept the first 500 properly formatted entries only. The website will indicate when 500 essays have been submitted.
Registration has closed.
Winners will be announced on Tuesday, March 4, 2020.