Visit the Classroom Victory Garden Project website to learn about food production during WWII, find lesson plans and activities for elementary students, get tips for starting your own garden and try out simple Victory Garden recipes!
Visit our new interactive website to learn about wartime technical and scientific advances that forever changed our world.
Turn your students into history detectives as they ponder over the origins and uses of these intriguing pieces of WWII history.
The NHD program provides teachers with resource materials, workshops, and other opportunities for professional development.
Benefits for Teachers
National History Day:
- gives teachers a model teaching tool for the classroom, based on active learning;
- helps teachers meet the requirements of national and state history standards;
- provides an excellent assessment tool for classroom use;
- helps teachers integrate the study of history with other disciplines, including writing, the arts, and other social sciences;
- supplies curricular aids such as lesson plans and bibliographic guides;
- supports professional development by offering workshops and summer institutes where teachers can learn about the latest in historical;
- scholarship and new teaching methods and techniques; and
- encourages teachers to interact with academic historians, librarians, archivists, and public historians.
to shop for Teacher Resources from National History Day.